Sunday, August 18, 2013

12 Grammar Tenses

There are 12 grammar tenses used for different situations in English and here we're going to see a little bit of them:

For the present, past and future forms we use only the main verb, in the past form we make it a past tense and in the future form we add the "will".
For the  present, past and future perfect forms we use the main verb in its past form and add "have" for present, "had" for past and "will have" for future.
For the present, past and future progressive we add the different forms of the verb "be" (depending on the subject) and add "-ing" to the main verb.
For the perfect progressive forms we add "-ing" to the main verb and in front of that "have or has been" for present, "had been" for past and "will have been for future".

  1. Present: Main verb: I cook diner.
  2. Past: Main verb in past tense: I cooked diner.
  3. Future: Main verb + will: I will cook diner.
  4. Present Perfect: Have or has + past participle of main verb: I have cooked diner.
  5. Past Perfect: Had + past participle of main verb: I had cooked diner.
  6. Future Perfect: Will + have + past participle of main verb: I will have cooked diner.
  7. Present Progressive: Form of "be" verb + -ing of main verb: I am cooking diner.
  8. Past Progressive: Past tense of "be" verb + -ing of main verb: I was cooking diner.
  9. Future Progressive: Will + be + -ing of main verb: I will be cooking diner.
  10. Present Perfect Progressive: Have or has + been + -ing of main verb: I have been cooking diner.
  11. Past Perfect Progressive:\ Had + been + -ing of main verb: I had been cooking diner.
  12. Future Perfect Progressive: Will + have + been + -ing of main verb: I will have been cooking diner.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Mario
    Brief explanation. Try to include when you use these tenses
    Katya

    ReplyDelete